Go Back   relenet business community > Jobs & Careers > Jobs wanted
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29.08.2010, 10:38
New Forum User

Default Fashion Designer Shares the Wealth

The fashion replica handbags designer Tory Burch, she of the ubiquitous flats, seems relatively unstoppable, so one would think it would take a lot to give her pause.Saturday,Louis Vuitton handbags at the home of Gina Harman in Watermill, something did. A guest unexpectedly fainted just before Ms. Burch was set to make her prada handbags remarks. It wasn’t because, like the rest of the guests, he couldn’t wait to get his hands on one of Ms. Burch’s sunflower totes. (She has had made them in a host of colors in honor of her foundation chloe handbags .) Rather, it seems he fainted because he hadn’t eaten anything that day.
Lyor Cohen with hermes handbags fashion designer Tory Burch Ms. Burch founded the Tory Burch Foundation in 2009 with the goal of providing economic opportunities for women chanel handbags and their families in the United States. The foundation’s first partner is microfinance provider Accion USA. Ms. Harman is the president and chief executive officer of Accion.
“Maggie Omega Watches and Trevor Neilson of the Global Philanthropy Group got in touch with me,”Gucci handbags said Ms. Harman. “They were helping Tory shape her foundation. Of course I knew of her. Her flagship Balenciaga handbags store was around the corner from where I live. Her story is a very compelling one, and she’s incredibly generous.”
In a conversation with Mr. Neilson, Ms. Burch said she’d been looking for ways to contribute burberry handbags nationally with women and children Replica Watches. “They’re the hardest hit by the economy,” said Ms. Burch. “And they repay their loans more often than not. I always wanted philanthropy to be part of my company. The sunflower logo is from a pendant my father designed Vacheron Constantin Watches for his mother. I like the symmetry.”
Mr. Neilson chimed in. “I was always told, ‘You’ve got to meet this woman Patek Philippe Watches,’” he said of Ms. Burch. “The whole reason she wanted to start a Cartier Watches company is because she wanted to start a foundation. Tory doesn’t see philanthropy as something you wait for. She does it early on. She’s one of the leaders of a new generation of philanthropists. ‘Watch,’ they said, ‘because it’s going to be exciting.’ And on top of all of that, she’s just really cool Rolex Watches.”